Chocolate and lemon cake without flour is one of Nigella Lawson recipe collection that we have prepared it for you in this post.
This cake without flour, suitable dessert for a busy night. The cake will perhaps be a little dry and you can fill it with cream or your favourite sauce.
- ⅔ cup regular olive oil (plus more for greasing)
- 6 tablespoons good-quality unsweetened cocoa (sifted)
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons best vanilla extract
- 1½ cups almond meal (or 125g plain flour / 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 170°C/gas mark 3/325ºF. Grease a 22 or 23 cm/ 9inch springform tin with a little oil and line the base with baking parchment.
- Measure and sift the unsweetened cocoa into a bowl or jug and whisk in the boiling water until you have a smooth, chocolatey, still runny (but only just) paste. Whisk in the vanilla extract, then set aside to cool a little.
- In another smallish bowl, combine the almond meal (or flour) with the baking soda and pinch of salt.
- Put the sugar, olive oil and eggs into the bowl of a freestanding mixer with the paddle attachment (or other bowl and whisk arrangement of your choice) and beat together vigorously for about 3 minutes until you have a pale-primrose, aerated and thickened cream.
- Turn the speed down a little and pour in the cocoa mixture, beating as you go, and when all is scraped in you can slowly tip in the ground almond (or flour) mixture.
- Scrape down, and stir a little with a spatula, then pour this dark, liquid batter into the prepared tin. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the sides are set and the very centre, on top, still looks slightly damp. A cake tester should come up mainly clean but with a few sticky chocolate crumbs clinging to it.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, still in its tin, and then ease the sides of the cake with a small metal spatula and spring it out of the tin. Leave to cool completely or eat while still warm with some ice cream, as a pudding.
CLICK NEXT FOR DARI VERSION | برای ورژن دری بالای صفحه بعدی کلیک کنید